The next time your dentist tells you that you have a cavity and need a filling, make sure that what your dentist wants to put in your mouth is mercury-free. Dental amalgams containing mercury still exist and numerous studies have shown that they can be very problematic.

A recent study found that people who had more than eight dental fillings exhibited blood mercury levels that were nearly twice as high as people who had no fillings at all. This suggests that mercury from dental fillings can leach out of your teeth and into your bloodstream. The study authors commented that their findings raise significant safety concerns for people who already have high mercury levels, like those who eat a lot of seafood.

In spite of the overwhelming evidence that mercury is toxic, the American Dental Association continues to maintain that amalgam fillings are completely safe. From the ADA website itself:

“Dental amalgam is considered a safe, affordable and durable material that has been used to restore the teeth of more than 100 million Americans. It contains a mixture of metals such as silver, copper and tin, in addition to mercury, which binds these components into a hard, stable and safe substance.” …continue reading at Natural News

Advertisements